||4/13-Present Freelance Writer/Editor
- Write for various marketing firms and content companies. Industries have included retail, manufacturing, residential services, health care, and more.
- Write parenting articles and blogs for local publications and organizations.
- Manage and write personal parenting blog, Who Stole My Bonbons?
12/08-9/17 Contributing Writer, Belleville News-Democrat
- Wrote feature articles for Lipstik Magazine, a women’s lifestyle publication distributed to more than 120,000 readers in the St. Louis metro east area. Stories covered local family entertainment, health topics, and female-owned businesses.
- Wrote and edited advertorials for Abode Magazine, a publication geared toward area homeowners. Clients included Rothman Furniture, Dillard’s, and The Bedroom Store, as well as small businesses around the metro east.
3/99- 11/01 Marketing Communications Specialist, Incyte
- Developed brochures, catalogs, newsletters, direct mailers, and press releases geared toward the pharmaceutical research industry.
- Managed a team of freelance writers and technical support representatives to ensure that all customer manuals were accurate and consistent. Also worked with a design firm to oversee layout and printing of manuals and other customer documents.
- Proofread and edited scientific articles for publication in research journals.
- Managed trafficking of all departmental projects, from gathering data, to purchasing direct mail lists, to writing copy and working with design firm to create visually sound literature.
4/97-3/99 Technical Writer, A.G. Edwards and Sons
- Developed and edited training manuals and reference guides used by students in Information Technology training classes.
- Wrote feature articles for and produced weekly online newsletter for department of 1,000 professionals.
- Interviewed company executives to write corporate communication pieces regarding new technology in financial service offerings.